Corteva Agriscience Launches Solutions to Improve Wheat Productivity in South Africa
Johannesburg, South Africa, May 18, 2020
Corteva Agriscience announced today that it is launching two new post emergence wheat herbicides, Quelex™ 200 WG and Tarzec™ 320 WG, that will help wheat farmers effectively manage broadleaf weeds and grasses. The herbicides will be available to wheat farmers in South Africa for winter 2020.
The two new herbicides contain a leading active ingredient, Arylex™ active, a new solution to control broadleaf weeds and grasses. The company launched the products through online presentations to farmers and the market.
"We are excited to launch these two solutions in South Africa, at a time when reliable and consistent food supply is critical,” said Tony Esmeraldo, Business Director, Corteva Agriscience. “Wheat is an important crop for local food security. We invest with farmers and consumers in mind and want to play our part to increase efforts to boost local food production.”
Arylex is a member of a new range of synthetic auxin broadleaf herbicides and affects the growth of weeds.
The benefits of Arylex include:
• Effective postemergence control of many common and economically damaging broadleaf weeds in cereals;
• The active provides consistent weed control across variable climatic conditions (cold and dry conditions), which allows for flexibility of application;
• The low use rates result in low environmental load of the herbicide;
• Alternative mode of action to help manage resistant weed biotypes;
• Rapid degradation in soil and plant tissues allowing for crop rotation flexibility; and
• Favourable environmental and toxicological profile.
This technology centre will accelerate new product development for African farmers, helping them better manage pests and crop disease, weeds, climate volatility and soil fertility.
Plant Health Agri Ltd Introduces Corteva Fungicide; Acanto Plus
Acanto Plus is a systemic, wide-acting, preventative, curative, and eradicating product with shock action on pathogens. This fungicide provides good preventive protection against diseases for new growth and redistribution in the vapor phase. Protects the part of the leaf that has not been sprayed by building a uniform protection zone around the treated plant. Ensures a uniform distribution to the leaf surface (sucking effect) and reactivation of the product through dew or rain.
INNOVATIVE ADJUVANTS INTRODUCED IN ZAMBIA
Plant Health agri ltd has introduced a new technology of adjuvants through its cooperating partners Interagro, UK’s leading adjuvant supplier and with a strong presence in Europe.